- November 12, 2018Fifty Masters of Wine Tour California Regions & Wines: A Photo Review
- October 30, 2018California Wine 2018 Harvest Report: Slow and Steady Growing Season Brings Excellent Quality Across the State
- August 23, 2018California Wine Month Events Make September the Time to Visit Wine Country
- May 23, 2018California Wine Sales in U.S. Market Hit $35.2 Billion in 2017
- March 29, 2018Winners Announced for Fourth Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- March 27, 2018Celebrate “Down To Earth Month” in April with California Wine Events
- March 26, 2018U.S. Wine Exports Total $1.53 Billion in 2017
- November 08, 2017California Wine 2017 Harvest Report: Strong Quality Across the State as Ample Rain Ends Drought
- September 07, 2017New Wine Institute Video Series Celebrates “California Wines: Behind the Glass”
- August 21, 2017Celebrate California Wine Month in September
- June 28, 2017California Wineries Offer Top Wine and Food Experiences Year-Round
- June 08, 2017Winery Concerts, Festivals, Picnics and More: Great Ways to Experience California Wine Country this Summer
- May 02, 20172016 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit New Record: 238 Million Cases with Retail Value of $34.1 Billion
- April 06, 2017Winners Announced for Third Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- March 27, 2017Raise a Glass to "Green" California Wines During Down to Earth Month in April
- March 09, 2017Explore California’s Wine Regions on the Rise
- February 14, 2017California Wine Exports Reach Record $1.62 Billion in 2016
- January 05, 2017Explore Southern California on a California Wines Road Trip
- December 14, 2016Explore the Inland Valleys on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 15, 2016California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2016 Green Award
- November 01, 2016Explore Monterey County on a California Wines Road Trip
- October 19, 20162016 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Normal Yield, Exquisite Quality
- October 12, 2016Explore Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo on a California Wines Road Trip
- September 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- August 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- July 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- June 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- June 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- May 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
from Gourmet Weekends and Festivals to Concerts
San Francisco — September is California Wine Month, and there’s no better time to experience the excitement of the state’s annual harvest season. Across California, wineries, regional associations and other organizations are hosting exclusive tastings, festivals, live music, food pairings, grape stomps, vineyard hikes and much more.
Now in its 14th year, California Wine Month celebrates the Golden State’s 250-year winegrowing history and recognizes the achievements of California vintners and growers in preserving tradition and driving innovation. With 4,800 vintners and 5,900 growers within its borders, California is the world’s fourth-largest wine producer and the source of 81 percent of the wine made in the United States. It is also the most visited state in the U.S. for food- and wine-related activities, attracting 24 million people each year, and the producer of more than 400 specialty crops. Wine lovers can also celebrate with activities and special offers from California Wine Month partner retailers and restaurants during the month of September.
Visit www.discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth to view the full list of regularly updated events and partners and to order a copy of the 2018
California Wine Month poster. Regionwide events showcasing multiple wineries include:
Sept. 1: Taste of Sonoma, Sonoma State University’s Green Music Center.
Sept. 7-8: Winesong Weekend, various locations throughout Mendocino County.
Sept. 8: Calistoga Wine Experience, Pioneer Park, Calistoga, Napa Valley.
Sept. 15: Lake County Wine Auction, Boatique Winery, Kelseyville.
Sept. 22: Zinfandel: Stories from Napa Valley, Culinary Institute of America at Copia, Napa.
SAN FRANCISCO BAY & SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS
Sept. 2: Livermore Valley Harvest Wine Celebration, Wineries throughout the region.
Sept. 8-9: Annual Capitola Art & Wine Festival, Capitola Village in Santa Cruz County.
Sept. 8-30: Fall Passport Month, Wineries of Santa Clara Valley.
Sept. 22: Eat Drink Los Gatos, Downtown district, North Santa Cruz Ave.
Sept. 29: Livermore Valley Wine Auction, Wente Vineyards.
CENTRAL COAST: MONTEREY TO SANTA BARBARA
Sept. 1: Highway 46 West Wineries Harvest Block Party, Dark Star Cellars in Paso Robles.
Sept. 9: Taste of the Town Santa Barbara, Riviera Park Gardens.
Sept. 28: Sip & Saunter, San Luis Obispo.
Sept. 13-16: Lodi Grape Festival, Lodi Event Center.
Sept. 21: Madera Wine Trail’s California Wine Month Celebration, Papagni Winery, Madera.
Sept. 1-30: Find the Gold in Calaveras Wine Country: A Treasure Hunt, Participating wineries.
Sept. 7-9: Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival, Northstar Resort, Truckee.
Sept. 8: WINEderlust River Wine Festival, Henningsen Lotus Park on the American River, El Dorado County.
Sept. 15: Sample the Sierra Farm-to-Fork Festival, Bijou Community Park, South Lake Tahoe.
Sept. 15: Barbera Festival, Terra d’Oro Wines, Amador County.
Aug. 31-Sept. 2: The Taste, Paramount Pictures Studios, Hollywood.
Sept. 8: VINO-Palooza Wine & Music Festival, Marina Del Rey Hotel, Los Angeles.
Sept. 29: Temecula Valley CRUSH, Monte De Oro Winery, Temecula.
For more information about exploring California’s diverse wine regions, see the Navigate the State map and directory. Wine lovers can also celebrate California Wine Month at home using these delicious recipes and wine-pairing tips.
CALIFORNIA WINE MONTH PARTNERS
California Wine Month is supported by restaurant, retail, hotel, media and association partners in California and throughout the U.S. including:
U.S. National/Regional: California Pizza Kitchen, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants, The Culinary Institute of America, Dickie Brennan & Co. A Family of Restaurants, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, PF Chang’s, Safeway and Tavistock Restaurants.
California: Albertsons, Blackhawk Grille, Café del Rey, California Restaurant Association, Charlie Palmer Steak Napa, Compline, Dean & Deluca, Della Fattoria, Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant, Giordano Brothers, LA County Fair, Wine Bar (Macys), Napa Valley Grille, Pavilions, Rio Grill, San Francisco Wine School, Sky & Vine Rooftop Bar, Taj Campton Place, Tarpys Roadhouse, Visit California, VONS and Women for Winesense.
ABOUT WINE INSTITUTE
Established in 1934, Wine Institute is the public policy advocacy group of more than 1,000 California wineries and affiliated businesses that initiate and advocate state, federal and international public policy to enhance the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California wineries generate $114 billion annually in economic activity to the U.S. economy and create 786,000 jobs across the country of which 325,000 are in California, bolstering economies through hospitality, taxes and tourism and enhancing communities through environmental sustainability.
Wine Institute Communications Department, 415/356-7525